Teacher of English
This job expired on 1 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
1 June 2023 at 9am
11 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday to Friday (would consider Part-time)
- Maternity or parental leave cover - Until 15 January 2024
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are currently seeking an inspirational and motivational Teacher of English with the drive, commitment and creativity to support us in providing the best possible opportunities for our pupils. We are seeking a colleague:
- To raise standards of pupil attainment and achievement within the curriculum area and to monitor and support pupil progress providing appropriate intervention.
- To be accountable for pupil progress within the subject area.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils studying in the department.
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum area.
- To deploy financial and physical resources within the department effectively to support the school and department development plans.
Ideally the candidate would be available to start the role as soon as possible. This post is fixed-term, covering maternity leave until January 2024.
What the school offers its staff
We are committed to supporting staff wellbeing in a variety of ways and the good working relationships within the staff body, and between staff and pupils, is why many colleagues have chosen to stay with us for the long term. We are also strong at supporting staff career development and colleagues are successful in securing promotions at all levels.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hall Green School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 903 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hall Green School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0121 628 8787
Hall Green School is a very popular, heavily oversubscribed and academically successful 11-16 Converter Academy. We are a highly diverse institution, both ethnically and as a fully accessible mainstream school, attracting pupils from across the city with physical disabilities. We have wonderful students who fully contribute to the school’s ‘caring, nurturing and inclusive culture’ described by Ofsted (2019) as ‘a welcoming and inclusive school’ where ‘pupils are happy, and they achieve well’ and the ‘positive relationships between pupils and staff are a hallmark of the school’.
Arranging a visit to Hall Green School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Bartley Green School
Adams Hill, Birmingham, West Midlands, B32 3QJ
Blue Coat Church of England Academy
Birmingham Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 2ND
English Teacher, President Kennedy School
President Kennedy School Academy
Rookery Lane, Coventry, West Midlands, CV6 4GL
Teacher of English with R & R Payment
King Edward VI Sheldon Heath Academy
Sheldon Heath Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B26 2RZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands