Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a
vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for
the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding
and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young
people in our community, we want to hear from you!
We require a talented and committed Teacher of English to join the English Department at this exciting stage in our
improvement journey. Our English department is undergoing change and we are looking for an inspirational
practitioner to join us as we strive for excellence.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities
- Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups
- Be committed to using evidence-based pedagogy in their own classroom, to drive standards in English
- Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will
actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to
deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual
identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate
to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The English department at Huxlow is a committed and supportive team, comprising of experience teachers, ECTs and
non-specialists. The English Department believe that all students are entitled to a challenging, academic and
enjoyable experience of English. Our aim is to enthuse students to become confident readers and academic writers.
Teaching through stories to enhance language skills and develop critical understanding of the world around them.
There are also opportunities for collaboration with schools within TOVE Trust to share expertise and support the
development of English teaching at Huxlow.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for English within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor
• To provide a learning experience which gives the students the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
and to support the English curriculum area as appropriate.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
For full details of the Job Description, please see the job pack.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.