Teacher of English (Maternity Cover)
Bishop Milner Catholic College, Dudley, West Midlands
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,372 to £35,971|
Overall Responsibilities and Tasks
• Taking responsibility for the pastoral care of a vertical tutor group.
• To participate in meetings at college which relate to the curriculum of the college or the organisation and administrations of the college, including pastoral arrangements.
• To promote the general progress and well-being of individual students, and groups of students.
• To communicate and consult with parents of assigned students and to contribute in meetings with parents as required.
• To supervise and, so far as practical, teach any students whose teacher is not available to teacher them as allowed within the STPCD.
• To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published schedules as directed by the Principal to ensure the Health and Safety of all members of the college community.
• To attend calendared meetings of the relevant Year Group, including Parent’s Consultation Evenings.
• To carry out all reasonable duties as directed by the Principal.
Our ideal candidate will be a skilled practitioner who is dedicated to securing high levels of attainment for all our students through consistent outstanding teaching and learning.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in English or main component is English
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Substantial and significant experience of teaching English through the 11-16 age range
Proven track record of raising levels of achievement and student progress
Experience in making a significant contribution to improving learning and raising student achievement.
Involvement in extra-curricular activities
Excellent teaching ability
Ability to plan effectively
Proven ability to prioritise and organise effectively
Ability to build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with other colleagues to develop learning and teaching
Sound ICT skills
Excellent communication skills
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||870 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Bishop Milner Catholic College website (opens in a new window)|
Bishop Milner Catholic College, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 3BY