Teacher of English (maternity cover)
Churchill Academy & Sixth Form, Winscombe, Avon
|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Teacher's Main Scale|
We are seeking a full time Teacher of English who can build on the high quality teaching and learning within the subject as part of our successful and enthusiastic team.
The successful candidate will be a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and self-motivated teacher, with a focus on enabling young people to make a positive difference and achieve the Academy’s vision: to set no limits on what we can achieve.
• Care about young people and want to make a difference
• Are a suitably qualified teacher with the subject knowledge and expertise to deliver your specialism up to A-level
• Have a good understanding of teaching and learning strategies which lead to exceptional progress
• Are an inspiring, creative practitioner who wants to contribute to a successful team
• Are committed to ensuring students maximise every opportunity to achieve academically and personally
We will give you:
• The challenge and support of an experienced, innovative and dynamic team
• Excellent professional development opportunities to hone and improve your teaching
• The chance to work with fantastic students who are hungry to learn
• The opportunity to work in an outstanding academy with a track record of success.
Churchill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a criminal records check, medical check and satisfactory references.
Further information is contained within the Job Description and Person Specification and on the Academy’s website.
Applying for the job
Please visit our website for further details and how to applyMore on how to apply
|School size||1519 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Churchill Academy & Sixth Form website (opens in a new window)|
About Churchill Academy & Sixth Form
We are proud to be a successful comprehensive school with an excellent sixth form in a beautiful rural setting. We maintain the highest standards of behaviour within a supportive and inclusive culture that values and celebrates personal enrichment and creativity alongside academic achievement. We are proud of the recognition we have earned and of our reputation as a friendly and welcoming school where we care for all our staff and students. We are never complacent, and constantly work to make our school even better.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable young people to make a positive difference. We do this with a single-minded focus on the power of learning to transform our lives. To learn effectively, we believe in the value of:
- Determined and consistent effort
- A hunger to learn new things
- Challenging ourselves to go beyond what is comfortable
- Viewing setbacks and mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow
- Seeking and responding to feedback
- Encouraging others to succeed
All of our work is guided by our core values:
These values underpin our vision to be a school where we set no limits on what we can achieve.
Arranging a visit to Churchill Academy & Sixth Form
Please call 01934 852771, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information
Churchill Green, Winscombe, Avon, BS25 5QN