- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (8 months approximately)
- MPS - UPS
We are looking to appoint a passionate and positive English teacher from 29th November 2021, to join our team and provide the highest standards of education to our pupils, who are keen to learn.
You will work every day, teaching English in Year 5, 6 and 7. Knowledge of phonics and supporting pupils with SEND will be beneficial for some of these classes. You will also be required to teach a small number of lessons in foundation subjects and have a form teacher responsibility in Year 5.
The successful candidate must:
• Be passionate about teaching English
• Be committed to personal and school improvement
• Be an inspirational teacher
• Have excellent classroom management skills
• Be committed to supporting disadvantaged pupils and those with SEND
• Have the highest expectations of our pupils
• Have resilience, ambition and a sense of humour
This role would be equally well suited to a teacher with significant experience or an ambitious candidate who is looking for their first teaching role. Early Careers teachers will be supported by a mentor and additional PPA time.
We firmly believe we offer a fantastic school to work in, with wonderful pupils, brilliant colleagues and a strong and supportive senior team.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 9 to 13
- Education phase
- School size
- 402 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 13
About Highfield Middle School
Highfield Middle School is a proud school serving the equally proud community of Prudhoe in Northumberland. Our school has a very positive ethos where all individuals are respected and valued, regardless of age, background or beliefs. We are determined that all pupils will be given equal opportunities to thrive and succeed, and we will challenge and support them to overcome all potential barriers to learning. We aim to provide the highest standards of education and value academic excellence, pupil wellbeing and personal development in equal measure.
We are a good (Ofsted 2018) and improving school. More information can be found on our school website, but some key quotes from our most recent Ofsted inspection report can be found below:
• ‘Highfielders’ make good progress at school, feel safe and leave Year 8 with a wide range of skills that prepare them well for the next stage in their education.
• Teaching across the school is consistently good. Some is highly effective in igniting pupils’ curiosity and in pushing them to make rapid gains in their learning. It is underpinned by warm and caring relationships between pupils and staff.
• The headteacher is focused on school improvement, shows a level of empathy to those around him and is bold when difficult decisions need to be made. He carries the support of his staff.
• Disadvantaged pupils make good progress because they are fully engaged in school life.
• Extra-curricular opportunities are strikingly strong at Highfield.
We are proud to be part of the Tyne Community Learning Trust – A new trust which provides positive collaboration between 9 like-minded schools in the Prudhoe area.
Arranging a visit to Highfield Middle School
Socially distant visits to the school prior to interview are available on request. Please contact Jenny Jewitt (School Manager) to arrange a visit: