At The Lowry Academy, our aim is to prepare our students for adulthood and to be good citizens with high ambitions and the courage to exceed in their future. If you are passionate and share the same desire about changing the lives of students, we would like to hear from you. We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of English who can guide our students throughout their school years.
The purpose of this role is to provide learning activities to all ages of students in order to develop an interest and ability for expression, to develop an understanding, and using different methods to deliver a successful course with patience and tact with each student to meet their goals. To ensure the outstanding provision and inclusive practice for all children with additional needs across the school, thereby facilitating the best possible academic and social outcomes.
The post holder will report directly to the Head of English and will work alongside other staff members, to ensure quality inclusive provision for pupils across the organisation.
We have high expectations and believe every single child can achieve. The staff are highly professional, and we are relentlessly ensuring those high standards are maintained so teachers can teach, and students can learn. At The Lowry Academy, we prepare children for future success and ask students to live our values of Aspiration, Respect, Confidence, Creativity and Resilience. To maintain this strong culture, we have non-negotiable expectations:
- All students arrive on time for their lessons. Students must arrive on time to be admitted to the lesson.
- All students are expected to have full equipment for every lesson.
- All students must think hard and work hard in lessons. Students are not allowed to opt out of their learning.
- The school has a straightforward approach to disruption to lessons. We follow a warn-remove policy where any student who disrupts learning, having been previously warned and given the opportunity to correct their behaviour, including opting out of work, is removed from the lesson.
- The Academy has zero tolerance for any act of defiance or disrespect towards staff or other students.
The Lowry Academy ensures that every student is well educated, has the opportunity to reach their potential and is able to lead a happy and fulfilled life.
Alongside a rigorous academic education, we prioritise students’ personal and social development so that they have the skills and attributes they need to open doors to the best universities, training opportunities and career pathways. We already have a cadre of committed, loyal and hard-working staff, but we have opportunities for more to join us. So, if you are ambitious for the children, you teach and want to work in an Academy where what you think and do matters and is appreciated, please get in touch.
This job post has expired.