Teacher of English
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
24 April 2023
20 March 2023 at 11:59pm
2 March 2023
- Key stage 3
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Contractual hours 32.5
What skills and experience we're looking for
Worle Community School - An Academy are looking for a passionate, dedicated and inspiring Teacher of English to join our enthusiastic and strong English team from September, or sooner if possible. The successful candidate will be confident and willing to make an impact with the students and English team. This is a very excitingopportunity for an individual who would relish the chance to join WCSA.
There is a potential opportunity for the right candidate to gain a TLR with the responsibility for leading English in KS3.
What you will do:
- Enthuse, stretch and challenge our students at WCSA to make a significant difference to achievement in English.
- Identify clear learning objectives and specify how students will be taught and assessed.
- Set tasks, including homework, which challenge students and ensure a high level of interest.
- Provide high quality level learning experiences for students through provision of challenging, stimulating and supportive teaching.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Passion for a specialist subject.
- Relevant teaching experience in KS3 and KS4.
What the school offers its staff
To view all of our wonderful benefits available to all of our employees, please see the link below:
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Worle Community School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1338 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Worle Community School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email HR@theplt.org.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
The Blue School
Kennion Road, Wells, Somerset, BA5 2NR
Sir Bernard Lovell Academy
North Street, Bristol, BS30 8TS
Teacher of English (Maternity)
Station Road, Bristol, BS48 3BX
Teacher of English (possible TLR)
Ashton Park School
Blackmoor's Lane, Bristol, BS3 2JL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Weston Super Mare and Somerset, Bath and Bristol