Teacher of French
This job expired on 9 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Frenchjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0FTE
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teachers Pay Scales (£28,000 - £43,685)
- M1 to U3
What skills and experience we're looking for
At Mercia School, French lessons are:
1. Based on a carefully constructed, sequenced and ambitious curriculum.
2. Demanding and carefully planned so that all pupils make strong progress and secure necessary disciplinary knowledge.
3. Taught in a traditional way that gives pupils time to practice and master content.
4. Focused on learning, retention and strong foundations, and preparation and readiness for GCSE and A Level study.
5. Always delivered to pupils who have exceptional behaviours and attitudes for learning, and in lessons without distraction.
All teachers contribute to the pupil elective and enrichment programme and are expected to engage in all aspects of school life.
What the school offers its staff
Reasons to join Mercia School:
- Outstanding School - Mercia is one of a small number of schools that is graded as outstanding. You will have access to sector-leading practice
- Team - You will join an ambitious, talented and positive team of leaders and staff.
- Support - Leaders and teachers have fantastic initial and on-going support to fulfil their roles. Senior Leaders work hard to support teachers and ensure their time is protected.
- Exceptional behaviour - Pupils at Mercia behave impeccably. We believe teachers should be able to teach and pupils should have an appetite to learn. Our centralised and consistent behaviour systems improve wellbeing for all.
- Workload - We remove all unnecessary tasks that take time away from supporting pupil learning. We have reduced data and administration tasks. Teachers have lower contact ratios compared to most schools, so they have more time to prepare great lessons. Teacher time is focussed on teaching and supporting pupils throughout the day.
- High retention - Staff retention is high as staff are happy and proud of their school. They have a good work life balance and have a sense of belonging. We are all driven and motivated by our mission.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Mercia School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 607 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Mercia School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Similar jobs nearby
Sheffield Springs Academy
Hurlfield Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S12 2SF
Manor Croft Academy
Old Bank Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12 7DW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Sheffield