At Mercia School, French lessons are:
1. Based on a carefully constructed,
sequenced and ambitious curriculum.
2. Demanding and carefully planned so
that all pupils make strong progress and secure necessary disciplinary knowledge.
3. Taught in a traditional way that
gives pupils time to practice and master content.
4. Focused on learning, retention and
strong foundations, and preparation and readiness for GCSE and A Level study.
5. Always delivered to pupils who have
exceptional behaviours and attitudes for learning, and in lessons without distraction.
All teachers contribute to the pupil elective and enrichment
programme and are expected to engage in all aspects of school life.
Reasons to join Mercia School:
- Outstanding School - Mercia is one of a small number of schools that is graded as outstanding. You will have access to sector-leading practice
- Team - You will join an ambitious, talented and positive team of leaders and staff.
- Support - Leaders and teachers have fantastic initial and on-going support to fulfil their roles. Senior Leaders work hard to support teachers and ensure their time is protected.
- Exceptional behaviour - Pupils at Mercia behave impeccably. We believe teachers should be able to teach and pupils should have an appetite to learn. Our centralised and consistent behaviour systems improve wellbeing for all.
- Workload - We remove all unnecessary tasks that take time away from supporting pupil learning. We have reduced data and administration tasks. Teachers have lower contact ratios compared to most schools, so they have more time to prepare great lessons. Teacher time is focussed on teaching and supporting pupils throughout the day.
- High retention - Staff retention is high as staff are happy and proud of their school. They have a good work life balance and have a sense of belonging. We are all driven and motivated by our mission.
This job post has expired.