Teacher of French and/or Spanish
MFL (FRENCH AND/OR SPANISH) TEACHER
Part-Time min 0.50 FTE, max 0.80FTE
CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
MPS/UPS (Fringe Area)
Required: April 2020
We are seeking a part-time French and/or Spanish Teacher who will be able to contribute positively to the work of the MFL Department. Our ideal candidate must have the ability to teach at least one of these languages to GCSE level.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A passion for Modern Foreign Languages and for education in its widest sense
• Experience of teaching French and/or Spanish at KS3 and KS4
• Experience of teaching French and/or Spanish at KS5 is desirable but not essential
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website.
• Applications to be sent to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Monday 27th January 2020 (email@example.com). We reserve the right to close the advert early is a suitable candidate can be found, therefore early application is advised.
• Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
• Interview date to be confirmed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT CVs. TO APPLY PLEASE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM THAT IS AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE AND SEND THIS WITH A COVERING LETTER ASAP
Websites: www.stclementdanes.org.uk / www.croxleydanes.org.uk
Address: Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: 01923 589699
Essential educational requirements
QTS or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge, Experience and Training
• Post-holder must hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Fringe Salary - paid pro rata
About Croxley Danes School
Mr Stephen Thompson, having served for 15 years on the Senior Leadership Team with Dr Valentine at St Clement Danes, as both Assistant Headteacher and then Deputy Headteacher, was appointed to the post of Headteacher at Croxley Danes School in December 2017. The school’s core values are Excellence, Respect and Trust. Croxley Danes is heavily over-subscribed with 480 students across Years 7-9 who are aspirational, confident and have excellent attitudes to learning. They are extremely proud of being the first cohorts of students in a brand new school and excited about the future. Staff overwhelmingly report that they are delightful to teach and fun to have in the classroom. Their behaviour is excellent. At Easter 2020, the school will move to its permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building with a capacity for over 1200 students. The permanent site for the school comprises 12.3 hectares. This far surpasses the need for a six form entry school, therefore the space afforded to the students on site will, compared to other local schools, be second to none. Furthermore, the permanent school building has been meticulously designed to ensure both students and staff experience a first-class learning environment. More details about (and images of) the permanent site can be found here: https://www.croxleydanes.org.uk/714/baldwins-lane-information-about-the-permanent-site
- 3 Wolsey Business Park, , Hertfordshire, WD18 9BL
- Free School
- Croxley Danes School website (opens in a new window)