Teacher of French and/or Spanish
Greenacre Academy, Chatham, Kent
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
Teacher of French and/or Spanish
GREENACRE ACADEMY / WALDERSLADE GIRLS’ SCHOOL
Greenacre Academy and Walderslade Girls’ School are part of the Skills for Life Trust, also encompassing three primary schools. Both are single sex secondary schools who share a large, successful joint sixth form. There is a strong community spirit across both schools with and an ethos of inclusion, supporting learners of all abilities.
Both are well established, successful secondary academies in Medway that will enable you to work alongside strong and motivated teams, who are committed to ensuring that our pupils make outstanding progress.
We are looking for a skilled MFL specialist eager to help students explore the subject further through creative and inspiring teaching. The ideal candidate would be able to teach Spanish to Key Stage 4 and French to Key Stage 3 or above.
Our students have demonstrated consistently strong improvements over a sustained period and we are always keen to innovate to deliver the very best education for our pupils.
Our recent OFSTED in May 2018 resulted in a continued GOOD rating and commented that, “Leaders set high expectations for behaviour and academic progress. As a result, the school is a calm and purposeful learning environment. The Headteacher successfully supports the well-being of staff.”
The Skills for Life Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Use the link below to view the Greenacre Academy video on YouTube.
To arrange a visit or for an informal chat over coffee with a senior member of staff, please contact Dan Wise on 01634 861596 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, contact the Hr Department on 01634 8615493 x 332
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK
• Experience of raising attainment in a challenging environment
• Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
• Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra curricular activities
Essential skills and experience
• Up to date knowledge in the curriculum area
• Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour
Amongst the many benefits of working within the Trust you will receive;
• Free Private Healthcare Cover
• Free counselling service
• Secure car parking
• Timetabled and purposeful CPD
• Laptop and technical support
• Personal development and promotion opportunities across the Trust
• Trust wide focus on staff wellbeing
• Marking policy that focusses on progress, not unnecessary teacher feedback
• A supportive environment
• Staff Fitness Classes
|School size||942 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Greenacre Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Greenacre Academy
Greenacre Academy is a single sex secondary boys school with a large joint sixth form in partnership with the neighbouring girls school. The academy is the founder school of a multi academy trust, offering many more professional and developmental opportunities for staff across the trust.
157 Walderslade Road, Chatham, Kent, ME5 0LP