- Experience of teaching, learning and assessment to at least KS3/4, preferably KS5
- A good understanding of curriculum developments
- Able to use a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Commitment to high standards in all aspects of the academy’s work
- An understanding of how Assessment for Learning can improve student performance and how to embed this within your department
- Confidence in the use of standard computer packages and how these can be used to enhance student learning
- Able to use student level data to raise standards
- Enthusiasm for your subject
- Creative problem solving together with willingness to take on and develop and try new approaches and ideas
- Ability to relate to students in a pleasant and sympathetic manner and to recognise potential safeguarding issues
· Able to communicate both orally and in writing to students and their parents
Northern Education Trust offers:
- The opportunity to work and progress across the family of schools, should you wish in the future;
- The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps structure taking on a whole school leadership project;
- The support and expertise of Director of Subjects.
- A full and detailed programme of support and development for all;
- A further comprehensive programme of professional development, including leadership, provided through the NET Staff College.
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced car leasing
- Access to various discount sites
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.