Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Geography to join our successful department in September 2021. If you are an inspirational, excellent communicator you will join a high performing, motivated, specialist team who support students to achieve excellent results at GCSE. We require a purposeful and committed individual who has the necessary adaptability, flexibility, skills and attributes to have a real impact across Geography learning in KS3 and KS4. We offer an excellent induction programme alongside a supportive working environment.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to make a substantial contribution to the growth and development of Amery Hill School. The role offers the successful candidate a challenge that will be both rewarding and fulfilling and will support you to achieve your own personal career goals and aspirations.
You should be:
● An outstanding classroom practitioner of Geography
● Passionate about engaging students with the Geography curriculum, and enriching this curriculum in line with our ethos of "Opportunity; Progress; Care"
● Enthusiastic and full of ideas, with the drive to make things happen
● Able to monitor and evaluate the performance of your students, contributing to the Geography’s department’s continuous drive for improvement
● Able to enthuse students to achieve their full potential
● Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice
● Able to commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
In return for your commitment we can offer:
● A school and a senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive, and play an active part in our school improvement
● A supportive and reflective department
● Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
● A stimulating, attractive and welcoming learning environment
● An approach which supports and stimulates professional growth
If you are an NQT, joining Amery Hill School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
• an established and extensive NQT programme
• support and expertise of departmental mentors
• a tailor-made whole school professional development programme
• support network of other NQTs and RQT's across subject areas
Amery Hill School - Education for life
Amery Hill is a very popular 11-16 fully inclusive secondary school where excellence and high aspirations permeate every aspect of school life. Every student is valued as an individual and whatever their goals, staff are there to support, nurture and assist them along their journey to success.
‘The caring and stimulating culture you have created encourages all pupils to do their best’
(OFSTED Feb. 2017)
• We aim to prepare every student with the skills, qualities and resilience to succeed in an ever changing world
• We believe in challenging all our students to better themselves and aspire to be the very best that they can be
• We wish for all students to care and respect any other individual regardless of gender, disability, race, culture, religion or sexuality
For further information visit our Website at http://www.ameryhill.hants.sch.uk/. Applications should be addressed to Mr Stephen Mann, Headteacher and may be emailed to email@example.com
A completed application form is required of all candidates as part of the application process. A Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not required and will, therefore, not be considered within the short listing process.
We are committed to safeguarding, follow a strict recruitment process and carry out enhanced DBS checks.
Applying for the job
Please visit our School website and you will find an application form for you to complete.More on how to apply