We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Geography to join our team of committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to inspire our students through your passion for the subject and ensuring that our students develop a depth and love of Geography and achieve beyond their own expectations.
- To promote the general progress and wellbeing of all students reporting concerns to the appropriate staff member
- To ensure that students experience an educational programme that is personalised to their needs, developing their skills and abilities
- To actively contribute to the review, evaluation and development of effective Programmes of Study, Schemes of Work, teaching materials, methods of teaching and methods of assessment in line with school and national policy
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress, and attainment of students in line with school policy
- To participate fully in the performance management of yourself and other staff in line with the school policy
- To actively review and evaluate your own performance and quality of teaching
Key skills and experience
- Thorough subject knowledge and understanding of current curriculum developments
- To show understanding of the urban educational setting
- To be an excellent classroom practitioner consistently delivering Good / Outstanding lessons
- To be able to plan and organise themselves effectively
- Demonstrate a collaborative, team working approach focused on improvement and supporting the vision, values and objectives of the organisation
Working for us
Great schools thrive because of the great people in them.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do.All schools in the Trust have signed up to the education staff wellbeing charter as a declaration of support to the wellbeing and mental health of everyone that works at Prospere Learning Trust.
Prospere Learning Trust offers a variety of employee benefits, including;
- a commitment to continuous professional development for all colleagues
- membership of Bupa Level 1 Health Plan which allows employees to claim money back for a range of health expenses such as prescriptions and dental treatments
- access to counselling, financial, legal and personal advice provided through either our free Bupa or Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including confidential 24-hour support
- access to Cyclescheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) contributions and Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS) contributions
- a range of policies which demonstrate our respect for your time and priorities outside work, including flexible working
The closing date for this application is 25 February 2024 with interviews to take place shortly thereafter.
Applying to work for us
Applications will only be accepted on the TES application formand references will be applied for at the shortlisting stage.Applications may not be considered if they are incomplete, you must provide information on all employment since leaving full time education and an explanation for any gaps. We cannot accept CV's.We encourage early applications and reserve the right to close this vacancy before the planned closing date.
Please note that guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview.
All applicants must be permitted to work in the UK and hold a relevant work permit where necessary. This is not a role in which the Trust sponsors a visa application. If you have lived or worked outside of the UK in the last 5 years, the Trust will also require additional information in order to comply with safer recruitment requirements. Any job offer will be conditional on the satisfactory completion of the necessary pre-employment checks including receipt of satisfactory references.
All schools within the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
At Prospere Learning Trust we are committed to creating a community of belonging. This means we continually celebrate the diverse communities within our schools and the communities we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
If you would prefer to request an application pack by email or post, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 527 7953 or via e-mail email@example.com
This job post has expired.