A thorough knowledge of the Geography and wider Humanities curriculum.
- Excellent knowledge/experience across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Passion and dedication in delivering high standards.
- Experience in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Ability to implement strategies to meet school development targets.
- Outstanding teaching and learning practice, with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The desire to have a positive impact on students’ lives.
A supportive and positive environment with a culture of high aspirations, based on shared values.
- Continuous professional development to further your potential.
- A well-resourced department, complete with high quality Chromebooks.
- Friendly and welcoming students.
- Committed and professional colleagues.
Carterton Community College is a rural college, with a real sense of community, bordering the Cotswolds and within easy commuting distance of Oxford, Cheltenham and Swindon.
We are experiencing a period of growth and expansion and are seeking to appoint a qualified and dedicated Teacher of Geography to join our established Humanities faculty. Passion, determination, and a focus to ensure every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential is essential.
You will play a pivotal role in supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a good school and pride ourselves on embodying our values. In our recent Ofsted report inspectors found that our students make good progress and behave well, in a school where relationships matter and there is a strong focus on learning. They enjoy their lessons and fully invest in the school and happily rise to the challenge of our high aspirations.
We welcome applications from both ECT’s and experienced teachers.
You will have a proven track record of improving progress and raising achievement at all levels and will strive to give students exciting and challenging curriculum opportunities.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All users are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.
This job post has expired.