We are seeking a committed professional who has a real passion for Geography with vibrant enthusiasm to work with our brilliant students. This position is ideal for either an experienced teacher or a newly qualified teacher. E/RCT will receive the excellent support of an internal academy CPD programme but also externally across the Federation. You will join a very positive, willing and committed team who will challenge and support you.We are looking for:
- A dedicated and skilled Geography Teacher who has the potential to deliver up to A ‘Level in Geography
- A practitioner who would be able to potentially teach another Humanities subject at KS3
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role
- A collaborative and driven individual who will support the Humanities team
- A Teacher who would like the opportunity to progress their career
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have successful teaching experience at secondary level
- Understand the theory and practice of effective teaching and learning
- Understand the importance of high expectations and equality of access for all students, and of being a tutor
- Have knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4, and of writing lesson plans, developing resources and assessing students' work
- Have a good level of ICT skills
- Be able to create a motivating and safe learning environment for all students
- Be able to communicate positively with parents, carers and other external agencies where necessary
- Be able to lead and manage their own work effectively
- Be able to motivate students and raise their aspirations
Harris Academy Bermondsey is a girls' school with drive and ambition in the heart of London. Our students achieve the very highest standards in their education. Ofsted rated us as Outstanding in every one of their categories in November 2019.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including lesson planning, developing resources and syllabuses, and contributing to the departmental plan)
- Curriculum planning
- Staff development (including continuing professional development and engaging fully in the Performance Management Review process)
- Quality assurance (including contributing to the process of monitoring and evaluating the subject area)
- Management of information (including maintaining appropriate records and tracking student progress)
- Communications with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, ensuring a high quality learning experience for students
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps