We are looking for a talented and outstanding Teacher of Geography for September 2021. You must have great subject knowledge, be able to plan effectively to achieve targets and be able to inspire and motivate students and teach across all key stages.
1. Teach assigned students, ensuring a high-quality learning experience for all which meets external and internal standards.
2. Plan and prepare courses and lessons in compliance with team policies, National Curriculum and external syllabus requirements.
3. To teach clearly structured lessons or sequences of work which interest and motivate pupils, make learning objectives clear, employ interactive teaching methods and collaborative group work.
4. To use teaching and learning objectives to plan lessons and sequences of lessons showing how this will assess pupils learning.
5. Initiate any necessary interventions to enable students to progress, including where relevant operating in line with a student’s Personal Education Plan.
6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment to secure pupils’ progress.
7. Use relevant data to monitor progress, set target and plan subsequent lessons.
8. Use data to monitor and evaluate student progress; planning and implementing effective intervention to support all students. Use the data to set targets and plan subsequent lessons.
9. Establish and maintaining policies and practices which promote high achievement through effective teaching and learning.
10. Set homework and plan other out-of-class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding pupils have acquired as appropriate.
11. Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking.
12. To ensure that students’ work is marked regularly and conscientiously, in accordance with the Academy marking policy.
13. To provide moderated assessment information termly to the central database for reporting to parents.
14. Liaise with other staff involved with the assigned students, to ensure effective provision e.g. co-teachers, associate support staff, trainee teachers.
15. Assist in the development of syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, policies and teaching strategies.
16. Contribute to the school and faculty improvement plan and its implementation.
17. Meet Performance Management team leader to set and review appropriate objectives in line with personal and professional school priorities.
18. Work actively as a member of the Humanities department.
19. Contribute to the school’s quality assurance programme.
20. Communicate effectively with parents when required.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1164 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy
Our motto Lucere Aude - Dare To Shine - truly reflects what we hope for, for all of our students. We want to instil confidence, ambition and a determination to succeed.
Our students will leave OBA as forward thinking young adults who have the skills and knowledge to have a successful and rewarding life, full of opportunity.
Arranging a visit to Ormiston Bolingbroke Academy
For enquires about the role or regarding a tour of the Academy, please email email@example.com