Teacher of Geography
Warlingham School, Warlingham, Surrey
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,543 to £41,635|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
With geographical and environmental issues dominating the global news, Geography is a popular subject at Warlingham School and Sixth Form College. We now have a great opportunity for a teacher with enthusiasm and vision to build on our success and join our dedicated team helping students to gain skills and knowledge to navigate the changing world around them.
You will be joining a forward thinking Trust at an exciting time in its development.
Whether you are an NQT or experienced teacher, you will become part of a dedicated team of staff, within a well-resourced department, school and Trust. Our key strength is the experience and knowledge within the Geography team which provides our well-behaved students with an exciting curriculum, supported by fieldwork, visits and opportunities for the practical application of learning. We are committed to raising standards across all stages - KS3,4 and 5 and all abilities. The support we offer to students to achieve this is key to our success.
If you are looking for a great start to your career or a new challenge in a great school, then we strongly encourage you to apply for this role.
If you require any further information about this post, please contact Mr Paul Kinder, Joint Head of School on 01883 624067 Or via email email@example.com
Closing Date: 10am, Friday 27th March 2020
Please note that applications will be considered upon receipt. Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the recruitment process once a suitable candidate is appointed.
Tandridge Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to undertake safer recruitment checks, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant Degree
• Secondary trained
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Use of assessment to promote students learning
• Awareness of current developments in the teaching of Geography at all levels, including KS3, GCSE, and KS5
• Appreciation of current developments post 16
• Effective Classroom practitioner
• Excellent communicator with effective interpersonal skills and organisation skills
• Ability to enthuse students of all abilities
• The capacity to function creatively and generously in a mutually supportive team
• Quality provision for all students, including SEN/G&T
• Effective team player
• Vision, warmth, energy and enthusiasm
• Pursuit of high standards - both academic and behavioural
• Willing to contribute to all aspects of school life
• Able to maximise contributions from parents, governors and the school community
• Ability to contribute with flair and commitment to the effective performance of the department
Competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement
Well established and supportive training and development opportunities
Family friendly policies
Employee Assistance Programme
Lifestyle and retail discounts
Staff sports and social events
|School size||1411 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Warlingham School website (opens in a new window)|
About Warlingham School
Warlingham School is a thriving 11-18, mixed, comprehensive school situated on the fringe of Surrey and Greater London. The school converted to academy status in November 2012, as a ‘stand-alone’ school and then joined with four Primary Schools in May 2017 to form a cross-phase MAT - Tandridge Learning Trust. It was built in 1954 and occupies a large, attractive site on a campus which includes Hamsey Green Primary School. “There is an open culture where everyone works together to improve progress for all students” – Ofsted 2017
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB