Teacher of Girls' PE
Rye College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable PE Teacher who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge, to join our highly-motivated team. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Be an excellent teacher to students of all abilities in key stages 3 and 4;
· Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
· Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
· Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
· Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
· Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
· Be committed to continuing professional learning;
· Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
Rye College is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status/QTLS
Essential skills and experience
Teach challenging and well organised lessons across the age and ability range
In return, we offer:
•A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
•A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
•A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
•A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
•A college in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our college prior to application.
About Rye College
- Love Lane, Rye, TN31 7NQ
- Rye College website (opens in a new window)