Teacher of History
Deadline is today
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Historyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 31.25 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- M1 to UPS3 (£32,409 - £48,054)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
- Have the ability to teach History to A Level
- The ability to teach Geography at KS3 would be an advantage
What the school offers its staff
Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of kindness, strength in diversity, respect, excellence and pride in achievement, which we call ‘The Woodbridge Way’. We enjoy an excellent reputation within the local community. We achieve impressive results year after year from a fully comprehensive intake. We are currently looking for a Teacher of History to join our team.
The History departments offer:
- The opportunity to be a creative History practitioner
- A supportive and expanding department
- A successful and well-resourced department.
- A positive learning and teaching experience in a supportive and friendly environment which is very popular with students.
- Good results at GCSE and A Level
- Very good student uptake for GCSE and A Level
- A comprehensive ECT programme if required
- An inspirational Head of Department who will work with you as you become an outstanding teacher.
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Clear behaviour systems and students who understand boundaries
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state-of-the-art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Further details about the role
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
Woodbridge High School welcomes applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We actively seek to ensure that our staff is reflective of the diversity of our student body.
We also welcome applications from those returning to the profession or those who need flexible working arrangements. Please set out your situation or request as part of your application.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary. Applicants will also be subject to an online search if they are shortlisted.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk Please note the school can only consider completed school application forms and not CVs alone.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Woodbridge High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1879 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Woodbridge High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Woodbridge High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Monk's Walk School
Knightsfield, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 7NL
Teacher of History - Maternity Cover
Davenant Foundation School
Chester Road, Loughton, Essex, IG10 2LD
Haberdashers' Crayford Academy
Iron Mill Lane, Dartford, Kent, DA1 4RS
History Teacher / Subject Leader for History
Thong Lane, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 4LF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock