Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
QTS pay scale plus inner London weighting
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of History with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching. An individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching History
• The ability to be an outstanding History teacher
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1535 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About Woolwich Polytechnic School
We are a small but expanding MAT, our motto is ‘Stronger Together’. There are currently two schools in the Trust, Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a highly successful all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational offer at Post 16, and the newly built Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, that is already making huge strides in the education arena. The schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. They are demanding yet rewarding schools where students and staff feel valued and supported.
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Arranging a visit to Woolwich Polytechnic School
Please contact Mrs Ann Cherry, HR Manager on telephone number: 02083107000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org