Teacher of Mathematics
We wish to recruit a really enthusiastic teacher of Mathematics to join a highly successful department. You will benefit from working with a very experienced and dedicated team of specialists. The successful candidate should be able to teach across the age range, or be prepared to do so with support and guidance. We therefore welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQTs. The ability to teach an additional subject would be advantageous, but not essential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Deadline for all applications: 9am, Monday 24th February 2020
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th March
Application packs via our website www.qegs.cumbria.sch.uk or
from the Head’s PA, Mrs Caroline Richards firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential educational requirements
• Experience of and/or affinity for teaching very able children (teaching practice experience acceptable).
• Good Honours Degree in Mathematics, or a related subject.
• Postgraduate Certificate of Education or equivalent teaching qualification.
• Secondary school trained.
Essential skills and experience
• Passionate about teaching Mathematics in a dynamic and inspirational manner.
• An interest in, or some experience of, teaching for mastery.
• Able to teach Mathematics throughout Key Stages 3 and 4 and an enthusiasm to share in the teaching of Mathematics at A Level.
• Willingness to contribute substantially to enrichment and extra-curricular activities in both Mathematics and other non-subject areas.
About Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith
- Ullswater Road, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7EG
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith website (opens in a new window)