Teacher of Mathematics - Full Time or Part Time - 1 year fixed term initially
Abbeyfield School, Chippenham, Wiltshire
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
The Governors of Abbeyfield School are seeking to make the appointment of a talented and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics, initially on a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract. The successful applicant will have the exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic team and highly motivated team who are fully committed to ensuring all staff and students fulfil their potential and continue to enjoy enviable success.
KS4 students currently study the AQA maths linear qualification and there is an opportunity for the most able students to sit AQA Further Maths level 2 qualification in year 11.
The department use the AQA qualification at A Level for both Maths and Further Maths as well as Core Maths. Sixth form students also have the opportunity to re-sit their maths GCSE if they have not already achieved a level 4.
Abbeyfield is a community school which occupies purpose built premises. It is situated in a beautiful location within commuting distance of Bath, Bristol and Swindon. The school was inspected in March 2017 and we pledge to offer the following:
• A high performing and growing school – operating well above the national average in English and Maths;
• Excellent leadership which believes in rapid and sustainable leadership;
• A thriving sixth form where pupils make better progress than their peers across the country;
• Outstanding behaviour;
• Friendly and welcoming pupils who thrive in an atmosphere of tolerance and understanding;
- Teacher of Maths - Job Description - April 2020.pdf  0.41 MB
- Teacher of Maths - Person Specification - April 2020.pdf  0.11 MB
- Mathematics Department Information for Candidates - April 2020.pdf  0.13 MB
- Application for Employment Form - Teachers and Support Staff - April 2020.docx  0.07 MB
- Equality and diversity monitoring form to support application forms - 2020.docx  0.04 MB
- Job applicant privacy notice - April 2020.docx  0.05 MB
- Abbeyfield School Ofsted Report - March 2017.pdf  0.23 MB
- Abbeyfield Information for Applicants - 2020.pdf  0.60 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||964 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Abbeyfield School website (opens in a new window)|
About Abbeyfield School
This is an exciting time to join Abbeyfield School: under the outstanding and dynamic Leadership Team, the school is moving from strength to strength. Our Ofsted in March 2017 described us as a ‘flourishing’ school with outstanding leadership and management and pupil behaviour. As a result, both the leaders and students are looking for high calibre teachers who are committed to delivering outstanding teaching and learning opportunities for all. Abbeyfield School provides lots of opportunities for career progression for applicants who are looking to develop their teaching and careers in the future.
Stanley Lane, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3XB