Teacher of Mathematics
Sacred Heart Catholic High School, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373,.00 to £40,490,.00|
In all aspects of the post the person appointed must implement faithfully and effectively the Aims and Policies of this Roman Catholic school and work collaboratively to ensure that the Christian ethos, standards of academic excellence and good behaviour are maintained and strengthened.
• Those which are specified in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document, Catholic Education Service Contract and the accompanying generic role description.
• All staff share in the responsibility for the Pastoral care of students and will be assigned duties accordingly.
• Creatively teach the Key Stage 3 Mathematics programmes of study in accordance with school and department policies and procedures.
• Teach GCSE Mathematics at Key Stage 4 to high standards.
• Contribute to the teaching of Mathematics to Advanced Level.
• Actively contribute to student support programmes.
• A commitment to promote the love of books to all Year Groups
This job description may be amended at any time after discussion with the post holder.
Essential educational requirements
Firm understanding of National Curriculum Maths
Ability to teach Maths to an excellent standard at Key Stage 3, 4 and to A Level
Familiarity with Assessment for Learning ensuring students make excellent progress
Skill in using ICT and other technologies as a tool for learning
High standards and expectations of success
Willingness to initiate and regularly support extra-curricular activities to promote the subject
Ability to relate well to students and colleagues
Be willing to extend their professional abilities through CPD
Commitment to the pastoral care of all students
Ability to teach Further Maths A Level
Appropriate degree in Maths
A post graduate certificate in education or degree with QTS
Evidence of other professional development or qualifications
Essential skills and experience
Evidence of successful teaching/teaching practice
Evidence of capacity to achieve excellent progress in students’ learning and results
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1434 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Sacred Heart Catholic High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Sacred Heart Catholic High School
Fenham Hall Drive, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE4 9YH