Teacher of Mathematics
The Governors seek to appoint an outstanding teacher of Mathematics. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and will, together with members of the Mathematics department, maintain a relentless focus on raising achievement and improving life chances. The successful candidate will teach across the Key Stages and the position would be suitable for either an experienced teacher or an NQT. We are committed to the well-being of our staff and there is a comprehensive induction programme.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in Mathematics
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Effective classroom teacher.
Experience of teaching to KS4.
Evidence of recent professional development / training in the teaching and support of Mathematics.
Why choose St Bede’s?
• Culture of high expectations; supporting teachers so all students can learn;
• Visible and committed senior leadership team;
• Supportive line management;
• A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors;
• Enthusiastic students who enjoy learning and engage positively in all aspects of school life;
• As a Teaching School, access to high-quality continuing professional development and the opportunity for personal growth and development;
• A collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity;
• Our students love to acquire new knowledge and skills; our teachers relish the opportunity to deliver engaging, challenging lessons to committed students.
About St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester
St Bede’s is an outstanding, inclusive school and continues to grow in excellence. We deliver the highest standards in learning, teaching and behaviour and place great emphasis on striving for personal success. Our students achieve outstanding academic results but more importantly, they flourish as confident, caring young people, who use their talents for the common good.
- Consett Road, Durham, DH7 0RD
- St Bede's Catholic Comprehensive School and Sixth Form College, Lanchester website (opens in a new window)