Teacher of Mathematics
Stanborough School, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,544 to £41,635|
Teaching of mathematics throughout the school
To have responsibility for a tutor group.
• Teaching mathematics to students of all ages and abilities, ensuring an engaging and inspiring experience for students that maximises achievement.
• Tracking and monitoring students in your classes and intervening effectively to differentiate and support achievement.
• Carrying out assessment, recording and reporting procedures as required.
• Taking part in faculty/departmental meetings and activities.
• Contributing to whole-school discussions and development.
• Undertaking pastoral responsibility for a tutor group, including supporting the Life Skills programme.
• Fulfilling the National Standards for qualified teachers fully in a way consistent with your experience.
• Upholding and supporting the policies and ethos of the school.
Essential educational requirements
First degree or B Ed in mathematics
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Understanding of child safeguarding issues and successful measures that promote and ensure the safeguarding of children.
Knowledge of current legislation, guidance and developments relating to he subject area.
Meet the National Standards for NQT.
The ability to demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
The ability to manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
An understanding of the principles of good classroom management and planning
What can we offer you at Stanborough?
• The chance to work in a thriving, developing and expanding school that puts the student at the heart of everything it does.
• The chance to work with some amazing staff who are passionate about developing the young people in their care.
• A well developed and personally tailored staff development offer that meets the needs of individual staff members.
• An expanding school with great facilities with two current building projects to improve these even further.
• An opportunity to be involved in the 16 – 19 Welwyn Hatfield Consortium, one of the oldest and well-established of its kind in the UK. This involves close links and collaboration with four local schools.
• Great resources for staff, including free parking on site, a laptop loan scheme, good rail and road links to the school and an attractive edge of town location next to Stanborough Lakes and Gosling Sports Park.
• A chance to take part in the nationally recognised OTI (Outstanding Teacher Initiative) Scheme which is offered to all staff members on an annual basis.More on how to apply
|School size||1094 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Stanborough School website (opens in a new window)|
About Stanborough School
Lemsford Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6YR