Teacher of Mathematics
Stratton Upper School, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Stratton Upper School is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Maths. We have a firm vision to become a centre of excellence in the STEM subjects and are already well on the path to that goal. This is therefore an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher to contribute to that success.
Essential educational requirements
Relevant subject degree
QTS as a minimum
Good honours degree is desirable
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to teach maths to students of all ages 11-16. (KS3 and GCSE)
• A demonstrable understanding of how children learn.
• The ability to differentiate teaching according to student’s needs.
• The ability to accurately assess the skills and abilities of students and provide diagnostic coaching for improvement.
• The ability to interpret schemes of work to create detailed lesson plans with objectives, activities and appropriate outcomes.
Continual Professional Development is given a high priority and the successful candidate can be assured they will receive exemplary induction and support in their new role. We are committed to supporting our staff in the pursuit of their personal career goals.
You will be able to take advantage of:
• An enthusiastic student body keen to engage with learning;
• Excellent CPD provision;
• The support of enthusiastic and welcoming colleagues;
• An environment in which creativity and innovation are welcomed.
|School size||975 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||13 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Stratton Upper School website (opens in a new window)|
About Stratton Upper School
Stratton is a thriving Upper School with around 1,000 students on roll. The school has grown considerably in recent years; it is popular with the local community and includes over 250 students in the Sixth Form. In many respects we are a true comprehensive school with a full ability range. As the only education provider in the town, our challenge is to move effortlessly between preparing Yr13 students for top universities to working with students who without our support could have rejected the concept of education. Our students are our best advertisement, although closely followed by the dedication of our staff.
Eagle Farm Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, SG18 8JB