Teacher of Mathematics
Turner Free School is looking to recruit an exceptional Mathematics teacher for September 2020. We welcome applications from expert practitioners who are committed to our vision to create a school where all children thrive and knowledge matters. We believe in the power of direct instruction, micro-scripting, 'read alouds' and a knowledge-rich curriculum, and are unashamedly ambitious for what every child in our care can achieve. As such, our high standards of behaviour ensure that our teachers are free to focus on creating and delivering the very best lessons. This role provides an exciting opportunity to help shape our curriculum and provision throughout our new school.
The ideal candidates will...
* be dedicated to improving pupil progress and raising attainment;
* possess the drive and determination to overcome disadvantage in a new and growing school, which requires an 'all-hands on deck' approach;
* value our warm-strict environment, with silent transitions to support the well-being of our scholars with SEND;
* engage with research-informed teaching practice;
* believe that a knowledge-rich curriculum levels the playing field for all pupils.
Our ethos: we are schools with HEART
For our values and ethos, please visit our website
The Turner Free School is part of Turner Schools, which is committed to giving a powerful education to local families through schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to thorough recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Essential educational requirements
• A strong academic track record to degree level and above
• A Bachelor’s degree in a Mathematics related subject or equivalent
• To hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of ongoing Continuous Professional Development
We can offer...
* fabulous scholars who work hard and who want to learn;
* a dedicated team of teachers and associate staff, who are always willing to go above and beyond to support our scholars, and one another;
* personalised coaching and CPD programmes alongside an investment in your career and development through financing Masters qualifications, training courses, Teach Meets and conferences as requested;
* manageable workload through sensible and efficient policies, such as whole-class feedback, centralised detentions, and biannual data drops, as well as dedicated time for collaborative planning;
* Quality Assurance cycles which are genuinely developmental for all colleagues;
* a Trust which takes scholar and faculty welfare and intellectual development seriously;
* supportive governors and a dedicated faculty team who are continually willing to learn;
* a genuine opportunity to make a difference and be part of our continuing journey.
About Turner Free School
- Tile Kiln Lane, Folkestone, CT19 4PB
- Free School
- Turner Free School website (opens in a new window)