The Portsmouth Academy is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Maths
with the ability to teach PE
to join our team of committed professionals teaching our fantastic students from years 7 -11.The successful applicant will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or ECT with a passion for Mathematics.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Be a qualified teacher of Maths and able to deliver together with PE to KS3 & KS4
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, both in the physical and digital classrooms
- High expectations for yourself and the students to ensure that all achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
The Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
“The curriculum is well designed and well considered. The intention of the curriculum is to transform the life chances of pupils in the school. The ambition, breadth and content of the curriculum contribute to this intention. Curriculum development is purposeful and ongoing” – Ofsted, 2022
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales are above the national pay scales
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You -A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.