Teacher of Maths (1157)
Humberston Academy, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £19,498,.40 to £28,776,.80|
To be an effective teacher (and tutor) who supports and challenges all students to achieve their full potential
Part time permanent role
1. You are required to carry out the duties as set out in the relevant paragraphs of the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document. The post requires you to teach pupils in the age range 11 to 19 and with others outside that age range as required for transition and outreach work.
In carrying out these duties you will need to work in compliance with all Academy policies and procedures as set out by the Trust and Governing Body and the reasonable direction from colleagues with the relevant position of responsibility.
You will have the role of Form Tutor, even when a form has not been assigned to you, and may be asked to carry out some or all of those duties if required.
In addition you will continuously evaluate and review your role and propose improvements to this Job Description in the light of experience as part of the performance management process. You will also be required to carry out any other additional duties as might reasonable required by the Principal.
2. To maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of the teaching of your subject(s) and take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work.
3. To plan lessons/activities/tutorials and sequences of lessons to meet students’ individual learning needs
4. To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow Academy policies for teaching/tutoring, behaviour management and classroom management
5. To do all that you can to ensure that you safeguard and promote the welfare of students in the Academy
6. To set well-grounded consistent expectations for students in your teaching and tutorial groups using information about prior attainment
7. To assess, monitor and record the progress of students in your teaching (and tutorial groups) and give them clear and constructive feedback
8. To do all you can to ensure that, as a result of your teaching (and tutoring), your students achieve well relative to their prior attainment, making progress as good as or better than similar students nationally and in the Academy
9. To take responsibility for your own professional development and use the outcomes to improve your teaching (and tutoring) and your students’ learning
10. To make an active contribution to the policies, aspirations and plans of your Department and the Academy.
Essential educational requirements
A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification
Nationally recognized teaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3-4 (possibility of KS5)
A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s
Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
Access to Teachers’ Pension Scheme
|School size||872 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Humberston Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Humberston Academy
Humberston Avenue, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN36 4TF