||Suitable for NQTs
||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,543 to £41,635
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we may interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
• To teach Maths to the full range of abilities
• To ensure appropriate differentiation for students.
• To ensure high levels of attainment and progress in Maths.
• To assist the Head of Maths in challenging under-achievement with a particular focus on those who are at risk of under-achievement.
• To promote the Christian ethos of the College.
• To carry out any other specific duty assigned by the Principal or their appointed representative
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching Maths to a range of key stages
Experience of teaching Maths to a range of abilities
Excellent track record of attendance
Up to date knowledge of examination specifications for GCSE Maths
Up to date knowledge of best practice in teaching and learning in Maths.
Knowledge of effective strategies for meeting the needs of SEND and EAL learners in Maths.
Knowledge of effective strategies for meeting the needs of the most able in Maths.
As an academy which is part of the Good Shepherd Trust we offer salaries above the Surrey Pay Scales. Along with your salary there are a number of attractive benefits which include:
• On site parking and easy access to London via road and public transport
• Cycle2work scheme with up to 32% off a bike
Discount schemes which offer:
• Up to 10% off your next holiday
• 20% off a new mobile contract
• 40% off cinema tickets
• Discounts at a range of high street shops such as Boots, Topshop, Apple and many more.
More on how to apply