- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
- Contract type
Teacher of Maths
Start date: January/Easter 2022
Salary: Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale (Suitable for ECTs)
Do you thrive on those lightbulb moments when maths ‘just clicks’ with young people? Do you want to work in a team where everyone else does too? Then we’d love to hear from you, to complement our team of subject specialists.
You will join a close knit team that are achieving special things, with GCSE results well above National, and one that is at the forefront of Mastery work in maths.
If you can:
• Inspire and innovate
• Nurture and develop (yourself as well as others)
• Commit to, and raise further, high achievement and motivation
• Optimise Maths learning for all
Then come and see us. We are looking for potential as much as experience so we welcome applications from ITTs. Here’s just a few reasons why you’d be mad not to come and see us:
• Our greatest strength is our people and we work hard to make sure you know that. Wellbeing is central to all we do – you get 4 wellbeing days a year off, and 12 hours of time to undertake wellbeing activities including jewellery making, baking, quizzes and tea & cake!
• Not to mention the SLT breakfast we cook you, the end of term Christmas meal, Easter Egg hunt, or summer BBQ where we also give out awards, prizes, and champagne.
• Planning your lessons is crucial and it’s always easier when we collaborate – we’ve put in place hours of co-planning so that you can share best practice and resources and not have to sit at home doing it on your own.
• Our ECT provision is rated as Outstanding by Hampshire; you’ll get a professional tutor and a subject mentor, have access to ECT Hampshire sessions, and a weekly school training session, on top of the whole school CPD. We have a dedicated Training Hub for new and trainee teachers with free refreshments and plenty of IT facilities.
• Being part of The Bohunt Education Trust means you get dedicated time with like-minded colleagues from 7 other schools, specialist training opportunities, and career progression opportunities which open doors every year.
The role would be suitable for an Early Career Teacher, or someone with experience. We have an extensive induction programme and a first class ECT programme. If you feel you could contribute to our success and pursuit of excellence please visit our website (https://www.costelloschool.co.uk/about/vacancies/) for details and an application pack, or contact Jana Niebauerova, HR Assistant, HR@costello.hants.sch.uk, The Costello School, Crossborough Hill, Basingstoke, RG21 4AL, Tel: 01256 321263.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th December 2021 12 (noon).
Please note that suitable applicants may be invited to interview prior to the application deadline.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant pre-employment checks.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Applying for the job
Apply via our website or TESMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 1129 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About The Costello School
The Costello School is a popular and successful comprehensive school providing education for students aged 11 – 16. The school also puts great emphasis on its work with our community partners which provides the foundation for our Learning Trust.
The school has established an orderly and caring environment and one of high academic standards with a strong pastoral system that supports a happy, caring school where students want to be.
The school is situated on the edge of Basingstoke and its buildings are well maintained with an appropriate range of specialist rooms. Great pride has been placed on the enhanced learning environment. There are extensive playing fields and, despite being a town school, looks over countryside to its rear.
The school premises centre on the buildings originally provided in 1912 for the Girls’ High School, then numbering about 150 students. Considerable extensions have been added at various times since then and the original building has been modernised and adapted to the needs of today.
The School has four main feeder schools which provide about 70% of our students with the remainder coming from other local schools. The town is served by two Further Education Colleges.