Teacher of Maths
Finham Park School, Coventry, West Midlands
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||TMS1- UPS 3 (£24,373-£40,490) (TLR 2c responsibility would be available for candidates of suitable experience)|
Teacher of Maths
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2020
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
· A department that is friendly and forward-thinking, who are highly regarded by staff, students and parents alike. We have opportunities for staff to teach at all key stages including A-Level, and we are particularly proud to offer a range of Post-16 Mathematics courses, including A-Level Maths, Further Maths and the new Core Maths qualification. At Key Stage 4 our students will be entered for Edexcel GCSE Mathematics and some students will complete AQA Level 2 Further Mathematics. Departmental results for Year 11 and 13 students are consistently good and the department is continually aspiring to improve on this success.
· The Mathematics team offers access to events such as the UK Maths Challenge and UKMT Team Maths Challenges, and we are continuously looking for ways to enrich our students' curriculum. This includes trips, taster sessions, competitions and enrichment sessions after school.
· Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
· We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
· We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
· The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
Twitter: @FinhamPark Facebook: www.facebook/FinhamPark1
What you offer:
· Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
· An experienced teacher who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
· A team player.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6th July 2020 at 9am with interviews being held on Thursday 9th July 2020.
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.More on how to apply
|School size||1519 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Finham Park School website (opens in a new window)|
About Finham Park School
Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students, located in the south-west of Coventry. The school became an 'Outstanding' convertor to Academy status in August 2011 and is the lead school in the 'Finham Park Multi-Academy' Trust in 2015. Currently oversubscribed, the school attracts students from across the city.
Standards are consistently above national averages - a credit to the students, their families and our staff. We are a High-Performing School that received 'World Class' status in 2015 and again in 2018 and also have National Support School and Leading Edge status.
Green Lane, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 6EA