- MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604) per annum + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package. Please note a KS3 Maths Co-ordinator role with a TLR of £2,873 per annum will also be available for the right candidate (to be discussed at interview)
Teacher of Maths job summary
Permanent (full-time and part-time hours will be considered) to start as soon as possible
MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604) per annum + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
Please note a KS3 Maths Co-ordinator role with a TLR of £2,873 per annum will also be available for the right candidate (to be discussed at interview)
Merchants’ Academy is a 3-18 Academy sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. This is an exciting time to join us as the Academy grows and standards continue to rise. The Academy is very well resourced, where staff and their development is a priority.
The Mathematics department is a well led and rapidly improving department where standards of Teaching and Learning are high resulting in a very significant improvement in GCSE outcomes in 2018. We are part of unique Trust working closely with the Ofsted Outstanding rated Montpelier High school which supports us in offering additional development opportunities including contrasting placements so that our teachers have a full range of teaching and learning experiences.
Applications are invited from high quality, passionate and committed candidates to join an exciting and committed Mathematics Department at Merchants’ Academy.
We are seeking an inspirational teacher who is committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students.
Candidates for this post should be:
• Inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
• Able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
If you are hardworking, reflective, resilient, and looking to further develop your talents and skills at Merchants’ Academy then we would love to receive an application from you.
We particularly welcome applications from under- represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing Date: Monday 16th May 2022 at 9:00 Interviews: Week commencing 23rd May 2022
Please note due to the expected high volume of applications it may not be possible to acknowledge and respond to all applicants.
Merchants’ Academy is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Merchants' Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 18
- School size
- 1192 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 18
Merchants’ Academy provides a unique opportunity for students in Bristol to join a school from Reception through to the age of 18. In addition to those who progress into the Secondary from our own Primary, we welcome students every year from many primary schools across the city and whilst students from our primary have an understanding of our vision and ethos, the pastoral team work with all incoming students to ensure that there is a clarity for all with respect to both our expectations and our vision.
‘Our successful sixth form is rapidly growing and our sixth form students are ambassadors for the academy community.’
Samantha Williamson, Principal
Merchants’ Academy has a distinctive and positive ethos which guides our work and the education of our students. Preparation for adult life underpins our Academy aims and the well-developed culture which is established across all aspects and functions of the Academy. We are committed to the success of each of our students whatever stage they are at in their education and this is reflected through the Academy's values and commitment to:
• provide high quality education and a thirst for life-long learning
• enable everyone to enjoy success and achievement
• promote confidence and a strong sense of personal worth
• have high expectations which will be reflected in the targets set for staff and students alike
• harness the energies of children, students, staff and parents to establish a genuine partnership with the Academy for the benefit of all
• establish a business-like ethos by beliefs in values and attitudes such as hard work, honesty, integrity, respect and concern for others
• provide quality opportunities for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our children and young people
• ensure that the effectiveness of all Academy staff is maintained and developed through considerable investment in high quality, continuous professional learning