We require a Teacher of Maths to join The Portsmouth Academy.The successful applicant will be a motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning. You will be joining a team of committed professionals teaching our fantastic students from years 7 -11. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or ECT with a passion for Mathematics.
What you’ll need to succeed:For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Be a qualified teacher of Maths and able to deliver to KS3 & KS4
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, both in the physical and digital classrooms
- High expectations for yourself and the students to ensure that all achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all ECTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth and The Portsmouth Education Partnership
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please firstname.lastname@example.org