- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
To teach Maths and be responsible for students’ learning & progress.
To work as part of a team that promotes the teaching and learning of Maths.
Responsibilities – The post holder will be responsible for:
• the effective delivery of a subject specific scheme of work to groups of students across the age and ability range
• the planning and preparation of appropriate lessons
• the marking and assessment of students' work
• the use of a range of teaching and learning approaches
• the inspiration and motivation of young people through your teaching
• the progress and performance of students in your teaching groups
• the keeping of appropriate records of students' work
• attendance at parents’ evenings, faculty meetings and other meetings as appropriate
• participation in your own performance management by your immediate line manager
• the effective guidance and support of a tutor group
• following safeguarding procedures and being aware that the safety and well-being of students is the responsibility of all members of the school community
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 536 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
At Whitstone School we are proud of the education we provide. We are an ambitious, comprehensive school with a strong sense of community and are striving to create a culture of continuous professional development for our staff. This is an exciting time for us; over the past few years the school has improved significantly. We are committed to raising standards even further; Whitstone is a brilliant school which deserves external recognition.
We are introducing an innovative and engaging CPD strategy, which highlights our strong commitment to the development of all of our staff. We are further developing our beautiful site and endeavouring to create leadership pathways for all staff.
Our students are keen to achieve and have excellent attitudes to learning. Engaging and effective teaching, academic rigour and high quality care and support ensure our students are happy, well-mannered and proud to be students here. Standards are very high; behaviour is very good and we insist on excellent levels of student engagement. We are a relatively small school, so staff know our students well and average class sizes are small. Students leave us well prepared for their futures, whatever their aspirations.
Individual talents are developed both in and out of the classroom and we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities and trips. We have excellent facilities, including our on-site newly refurbished Leisure Centre and new Astroturf pitch. We are committed to staff well-being and free gym membership at our Leisure Centre is available to staff. Staff well-being is a key feature of all of our decision making.