Teacher of Media/English
The Governors wish to appoint enthusiastic, creative and suitably qualified teacher of Media/English to teach KS3, KS4 and some KS5 within our highly successful school. You will be passionate about Media and English, innovative classroom practitioners with high expectations, and have the ability to inspire students to be the best they can.
You will have good, up to date academic knowledge of Media texts and concepts, you will also be able to approach the teaching of Media in an analytical and creative manner that supports a wider range of KS4 and 5 learners. Knowledge of photo and film editing software is good but not essential.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming new members of staff to join our supportive team and openly accept applications from experienced or newly qualified teachers. This will initially be a fixed term contract for one year due to department requirements with a view to becoming permanent
Cardinal Newman is a community where every individual is valued and expected to excel. The school is based on the south coast in the exciting and vibrant City of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex.
Essential educational requirements
Successful teaching experience at either school(s) or on main teaching practice
• Degree qualification
• PGCE or equivalent
• Qualified teacher status (from start of contract)
Essential skills and experience
• Be able to demonstrate excellent practice within relevant Key Stage(s) – meeting all publishes teaching standards.
• Own a clearly developed set of strategies for successful classroom management
• Have developed their own clearly developed set of principles that show a current understanding of teaching and learning
• An ambitious subject specialist who is keen to participate in their own professional development as well as that of the department
About Cardinal Newman Catholic School
- The Upper Drive, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 6ND
- LA Maintained School
- Cardinal Newman Catholic School website (opens in a new window)