Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
French, Languages, Spanish
Mainscale (+UPS where appropriate)
“To have another language is to possess a second soul.” - Charlemagne
We need a talented specialist who can teach French and Spanish to Key Stage 4 with a passion for their subject. We are seeking someone who will be able to provide our
children with the best possible experience of these essential subjects. Could it be you?
Whether you’re new to the profession or you have been teaching French and Spanish for decades, you need an environment in which pupils genuinely want to learn. An
environment in which your colleagues are as geeky about your subject as you are.
Our teachers work very hard but they only ever do work which is going to make a difference for our pupils. Quite simply, we believe in common sense approaches to
everything. That means:
• Our teachers do minimal marking. Why spend ages with a red pen when there are much better ways to give pupils the feedback they need?
• We never ask for lesson plans. Of any kind. Ever.
• Although schemes of work and resources are provided, they are not prescriptive – we cherish individual approaches to delivery.
• There is no pressure to ‘put on a show’ in lessons: A culture of typicality is reinforced by no lesson gradings (outstanding, good, etc).
• Everyone has the highest expectations of behaviour, with all staff (not just teaching staff) reinforcing those expectations.
• A clear system of sanctions is applied consistently so staff don’t have to battle with pupils.
• Senior Leadership are very visible and all staff ‘own’ their corridors.
• CPD is tailored specifically to staff needs, based off their feedback. This includes a fully funded Masters programme available to everyone.
• There are no prizes for looking busy or staying late – we work in a way that suits us we make sure you make time for ourselves and our families.
That’s just 9 of the things we do to secure our teachers’ well-being. There are many more here: http://www.barrbeaconschool.co.uk/47-things-we-do-staff-well-being/
Applying for the job
On our website, under the Vacancies section, you can download an application form and send it to the Headteacher, Lynsey Draycott: LDraycott@barrbeaconschool.co.uk
More on how to apply
1557 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Barr Beacon School
The word ‘outstanding’ appears a lot in advertisements for teachers – but at Barr Beacon School, it means more. With over 1000 requests for the 252 places available in Year 7 this September, parents would certainly agree. When Ofsted last visited, they merely confirmed what we already knew.
How have we achieved all of this?
Quite simply, we employ teachers who are as ambitious, passionate and dedicated as we are. These amazing people work hard – in fact they work very hard – to ensure that our pupils make the best progress they possibly can.
Whether they are the most able or or the least able, the most advantaged or the least advantaged, every child deserves nothing less than the very best teaching.
Not surprisingly, there’s a real buzz about the place. If you would like to be part of it – and teach children who genuinely want to learn – we would love to hear from you.
Arranging a visit to Barr Beacon School
Visit our website www.barrbeaconschool.co.uk to get a flavour for what we’re like. We would urge you to visit us as there’s a real buzz about the place
which no amount of words can convey. To arrange a visit in person or remotely, please email the Headteacher, Lynsey Draycott