Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
18 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
18 April 2023 at 9am
17 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Frenchjobs, View all Spanishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - This is a full time position (32.5 hours per week).
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main pay scale 1 to Upper Pay Scale 3: Between £28,000 and £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
Required from September 2023, we are looking to appoint a Teacher of Languages who is, or aspires to become, an outstanding practitioner.
The successful candidate will:
have a commitment to raising student achievement at all levels
demonstrate an imaginative and creative approach to teaching and learning
have a strong understanding of effective pedagogy
desire to work in a team that provides an exceptional range of extra-curricular activities.
What the school offers its staff
- Hayesfield has a strong teacher professional development programme, which affords many leadership opportunities to its employees.
- All ECTs and teachers new to the school are supported as part of the school’s comprehensive induction programme.
- We offer an opportunity to be part of an over subscribed and well-respecting school [and Trust].
- Pension - all employees are automatically enrolled into the relevant pension scheme – either Teachers Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Helpline - providing employees and their families with free confidential support and legal advice 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
- Counselling support - employees have access to face to face or telephone counselling sessions.
- Cycle Scheme - employees can save at least 25% on new bikes and/or accessories. Deductions are made via salary sacrifice which attracts tax and NI savings over 12 months’ which is interest free.
- Free eye test - annual eye check and a contribution of up to £49 towards glasses.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hayesfield Girls School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1446 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hayesfield Girls School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Hayesfield Girls’ School is a vibrant, oversubscribed school with over 1,400 students, situated in two buildings close to the centre of the City of Bath, a World Heritage site. The School has two campuses: Upper Oldfield Park (home to the Performance and Arts, Humanities and English Faculties and Brougham Hayes (home to the Maths, Science and Languages Faculties). The Sixth Form Centre is located in the East Wing, on the Upper Oldfield Park Campus. We have an excellent reputation for Music, Art and Drama and there is a very wide range of sporting and extra-curricular activities that take place every day after school and in the holidays. Foreign language exchanges and cultural visits to other countries are also regularly undertaken. Uptake in Science and Maths at A Level is high and we actively promote girls stepping into STEM roles. The school intake almost exactly mirrors the national distribution of the population. The prevailing ethos is reflected in our motto: ‘Achieving Ambitions’. All teachers are tutors within teams led by Directors of Achievements. We pride ourselves on very effective pastoral systems and behaviour is excellent throughout the school. The Senior Leadership Team consists of the Headteacher, two Deputy Headteachers and three Assistant Headteachers with specific whole school responsibilities. In August 2011 the School moved to Academy Status and then joined the Midsomer Norton School’s Partnership Trust in April 2021 so that we can work in collaboration with a number of other successful schools as well as supporting those that require improvement. Hayesfield Girls’ School is a member of the Bath Hub arm of the Trust, alongside Beechen Cliff and St Mark’s. Together we aim to equalise opportunities for all students in Bath by providing opportunities for students’ academic success and personal development. The School has in recent years undergone major building developments to include Sports and Performing Arts facilities in the West Wing, The Nucleus, a new science block, opened on the Brougham Hayes Campus in September 2012, The Design Studio opened in 2014 for the teaching of technology and the creation of a new Sixth Form Centre on the Upper Oldfield Park Campus was completed and opened in November 2014. Most recently, the Nucleus was further extended in 2019 to include an additional laboratory and the West Wing further extended in 2021 to include a new Drama studio and additional dining space. All the essential indicators of continued success are currently in place: we are popular with parents and examination results are excellent with Hayesfield regularly being placed top of the Department for Education’s Performance Tables. We have also been awarded the ‘Best School In B&NES’ title by the Real Schools Guide for two consecutive years (2019 and 2020). If you would like to come and see our school, please contact us at any time.
Arranging a visit to Hayesfield Girls School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email HR@hayesfield.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of French (Maternity Cover)
Woodcock Road, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9DR
Teacher of Spanish (Maternity Cover)
Woodcock Road, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9DR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bath and Somerset, Bath and Bristol