Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS/UPS commensurate with experience
About the role: Strood Academy are looking to appoint an engaging Teacher of Music to join their thriving department from September 2021.
You would join an enthusiastic and supportive team of Performing Arts specialists who are dedicated, driven and highly creative. The team are generous with their time and very much enjoy sharing resources and expertise; a real team ethos has been created in the Performing Arts department. You will play a key role in developing our curriculum and will have the opportunity to be involved in many exciting projects including: whole school productions, theatre trips, workshops, after-school clubs and competitions. Many of our students attend extra-curricular clubs that are run by our team. Additionally, we have three visiting peripatetic teachers who deliver vocal, drum, guitar and piano lessons. We pride ourselves on the relationships we have formed with professional arts institutions including: The Royal Academy of Dance, The Royal Opera House and The Royal Shakespeare Company. The school has modern facilities including a state of the art Dance Studio, Drama Studio, Stage, Music Rehearsal Rooms and an AV Room. We are very keen to develop the Performing Arts department even further and seek an all rounded individual who is willing to contribute to our fantastic team culture.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate music teacher to set your own stamp on the department, as we look to invest in brand new equipment being purchased to support the growth of the subject.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 11 to 19
1334 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About Strood Academy
Working for Strood Academy: Since opening in 2009, our academy has transformed the educational opportunities and outcomes for girls and boys in Strood. The improvement in academic performance has been driven by a talented and committed workforce, the hard work of our students, and support from parents and our community. Our new buildings in Carnation Road were designed in partnership with Nicholas Hare and built by BAM as our main contractor at a cost of £26m. They opened in September 2012 and have outstanding learning environments and outside play areas as well as fantastic sports facilities. The buildings reflect our education vision of creating a mature and purposeful educational environment where children of all abilities can learn and thrive.
Our core value is “Building ambition; inspiring pride” and our purpose at Strood Academy is to:
- nurture students’ aspirations and build resilience within an environment of tolerance, respect and empathy;
- shape leaders within a global community;
- develop and celebrate knowledgeable and inquiring minds to promote lifelong learning and;
- help young people develop into well educated, considerate and caring citizens.
We have a growing roll call of 1400 children, including 200 in Sixth Form. Working in our academy takes a lot of dedication and hard work, but for the right individuals, it can be an incredibly rewarding experience and contribute significantly to personal and professional development.
Why work at Strood Academy?
- Centralised behaviour system and detentions - simple for teachers to follow allowing disruptive free classrooms.
- Our commitment to the development of all staff - CPD on Wednesday afternoons and the opportunity to collaborate with staff from other schools in the LAT. Also all staff at Strood receive regular coaching feedback through our on-line platform on-track.
- Strood academy is easily accessible by A2 and the high speed train can allow for travel into London in less than 30 minutes.
- We have a common sense approach to workload. All teachers are expected to feedback or live mark. We also work closely as a Trust allowing for centralised resources to be shared across our secondary schools.