|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,373 to £35,971|
Beethoven or Beyoncé? Grieg or grime? Mahler or Motown? Shostakovich or the Spice Girls?
Whatever your personal music preferences, we need a music teacher who will inspire our young people to love this essential subject. We need someone who is eager to make creative curriculum choices, helping pupils find their musical voices as you develop their ability to listen, perform and compose.
Whether you are relatively new to a teaching position or you have been teaching music for decades, our unparalleled professional development opportunities will empower you to progress in your career. There are copious opportunities for working with schools in our trust as well as with our international partners. We also operate a fully-funded Masters programme which is open to all.
Whatever your level of experience in the classroom, it’s your passion for your subject that counts. We prize love of learning above all else.
We need a talented teacher of music who has the passion to provide pupils with the best possible experience of this fascinating subject. Could it be you?
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Our teachers work very hard but they only ever do work which is going to make a difference for our pupils. Quite simply, we believe in common sense approaches to everything. That means:
• Our teachers do minimal marking. Why spend ages with a red pen when there are much better ways to give pupils the feedback they need?
• We never ask for lesson plans. Of any kind. Ever.
• Although schemes of work and resources are provided, they are not prescriptive – we cherish individual approaches to delivery.
• There is no pressure to ‘put on a show’ in lessons: A culture of typicality is reinforced by no lesson gradings (outstanding, good, etc).
• Everyone has the highest expectations of behaviour, with all staff (not just teaching staff) reinforcing those expectations.
• A clear system of sanctions is applied consistently so staff don’t have to battle with pupils.
• Senior Leadership are very visible and all staff ‘own’ their corridors.
• CPD is tailored specifically to staff needs, based off their feedback. This includes a fully funded Masters programme available to everyone.
• There are no prizes for looking busy or staying late – we work in a way that suits us we make sure you make time for ourselves and our families.
That’s just 9 of the things we do to secure our teachers’ well-being. There are many more here: http://www.barrbeaconschool.co.uk/47-things-we-dostaff-well-being/
We urge you to visit us. There’s a real buzz about the place which no amount of words can convey, so please come to see Barr Beacon School for yourself.More on how to apply
|School size||1557 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Barr Beacon School website (opens in a new window)|
About Barr Beacon School
Old Hall Lane, Walsall, West Midlands, WS9 0RF