Teacher of Music
This job expired on 20 March 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 5pm
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Musicjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Monday - Friday
Full-time equivalent salary
- Between £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified teacher status.
- Evidence of recent and relevant CPD.
- Relevant degree.
- Understanding of current trends in education both nationally and internationally.
- PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in a secondary school or equivalent.
- Teaching across KS3 and KS4.
- Teaching across the ability range.
- Participation within school wide systems e.g. assessment, CPD.
- Contact with parents or carers.
- Evidence of student achievement.
- Ability to teach Music.
- Ability to become an ‘Outstanding’ classroom teacher (if not already).
- Able to inspire, challenge and motivate students.
- Ability to track student data and develop effective interventions.
- Anticipate problems, develop creative solutions within the context of the classroom.
- Set and achieve ambitious, challenging goals and targets for self.
- Listen to and reflect on feedback from others.
- High level of oral, written and ICT skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (eg speaking to large groups of pupils/parents/staff etc).
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with individuals and groups.
- Prioritise, plan and organise self.
- Awareness of student progress and intervention strategies.
What the school offers its staff
- Weekly staff briefing updates.
- ECT Support and new staff meetings in the first year.
- Significant investment in your continuing professional development each year.
- Performance Management based progress through the teacher pay scales.
- A classroom fully equipped with interactive whiteboard.
- A team of dedicated Teaching & Learning ambassadors.
- An outstanding school with modern, state of the art facilities.
- Access to the Portsmouth City Council ‘My Rewards’ scheme
o Carplus– a salary sacrifice scheme where you offset some of your salary each month in exchange for a brand new, fully maintained car – and can save you money on tax and national insurance.
o Cycle scheme– a salary sacrifice scheme where you offset some of your salary each month in exchange for a brand new bicycle – and can save you money on tax and national insurance.
o AVC Wise– a salary sacrafice shared cost additional voluntary contributions scheme which offers additional savings to standard AVCs – and saves you money on national insurance contributions and income tax.
o Discountson a wide range of goods and services – access a range of discounts and offers from thousands of restaurants, shops and more.
o Salary finance– offering simple savings, access to salary as it is earned, and affordable loans – all underpinned by accessible, engaging financial education.
o Travel loans– purchase an annual First bus, Stagecoach, Hover travel, Gosport or Wightlink ferry pass via ten monthly deductions from your net salary
o Monthly offers and competitions.
- Regular Department, Year Group and Staff meetings.
New staff are given training and induction.
Further details about the role
The Governors welcome applications from a dynamic, innovative and successful Music teacher who can continue the outstanding standards and results we are proud of to start in September 2023. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability and drive to push standards even further. This position is available for either a part-time (0.5-0.6) Teacher of Music or full-time Teacher of Music & Performing Arts/Second Subject.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Edmund's Catholic School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1098 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Edmund's Catholic School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 02392 892585
St Edmund’s is a popular Voluntary Aided secondary school in the heart of Portsmouth and serves a wide area. It is an Outstanding school (Ofsted 2022) serving a diverse population.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire