Teacher of Music (Maternity Cover)
This job expired on 19 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
19 February 2023 at 12pm (midday)
1 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Musicjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time and term time only
- Fixed term - 1 year
- Teachers Main Pay Scale (Outer London)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an innovative Music Teacher with a passion for Music and a commitment to raising standards for all learners. We have excellent teaching facilities with dedicated music rooms, a music technology MAC suite and a recording studio. As a school we embrace new technologies to support teaching and learning.
We are looking for an individual who is able to teach Music to A level standard along with a keen interest for rock and pop. With your excellent subject knowledge and enthusiasm, you will have the opportunity to teach Music to pupils in KS3 to KS5, teaching GCSE, A level and BTEC.
What the school offers its staff
Glenthorne High School can offer you:
- A comprehensive programme of professional development for teachers at all levels
- The opportunity to work with colleagues who have a passion to inspire pupils.
- Well established behaviour management systems, pupils feel valued and supported and able to learn.
- Opportunity to take advantage of Benenden Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
Glenthorne High School is part of the Willow Learning Trust and is a National Teaching School with a specialism in the arts. The school is a mixed comprehensive academy with over 1700 pupils.This is a genuine opportunity to join a popular school and become an integral part of the academy's continuing success.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Glenthorne High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1683 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Glenthorne High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8644 6307
Glenthorne High School is part of the Willow Learning Trust and is a National Teaching School with a specialism in the arts. The school is a mixed comprehensive academy with over 1600 pupils, which has been judged 'outstanding' in all areas by OFSTED. The school provides a calm and nurturing environment where pupils are encouraged to reach their full potential.
Arranging a visit to Glenthorne High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email recruitment@Glenthorne.sutton.sch.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Percy Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW2 6JW
Three Rivers Academy
Bell Farm Way, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 5EJ
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB
The Grey Coat Hospital
Greycoat Place, London, SW1P 2DY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed