- T1 - T6 (£25,713 - £36,960)
Teacher of Music job summary‘A caring, inclusive learning community where pupils achieve well.’ (Ofsted)
Manchester Evening News “School in the Community” 2019
2019 Progress 8 score + 0.52
Teacher of Music
T1-T6 (£25,713- £36,960)
Permanent post required for September 2022
Do you want to be part of the Sharples’ success story?
Sharples School Multi-Academy Trust is a heavily over-subscribed mixed comprehensive with over 1,000 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. The school motto, ‘Learn, Dream, Achieve,’ lies at the heart of everything we do. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2019, with areas of outstanding practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher of Music to work in our forward-thinking and successful school as we strive to be outstanding in all we do. The post would be suitable for either an Early Career Teacher or an experienced practitioner. Sharples School provides a very effective and supportive induction programme for ECT’s. For experienced members of the profession, there are many CPD opportunities within the school to add to their existing range of experience and expertise. There are opportunities for working with classes across the ability spectrum and to work in a pastoral role as a form tutor.
We require someone who can demonstrate and evidence: -
● Excellent communication skills;
● A high level of subject expertise and an in-depth understanding of curriculum pedagogical and assessment issues associated with achieving outstanding results at both key stages;
● Excellent teaching and improving student outcomes.
The key areas of responsibility will be: -
● To plan teaching to achieve outstanding progress in students’ learning;
● To set high expectations for students’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and the development of positive and productive relationships;
● To use a variety of teaching methods and resources, which sustain the momentum of students work and keeps all pupils engaged;
● To use assessment information to inform planning and maximise progress;
● To mark and monitor students work providing constructive feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise progress.
To apply for this post, download the school application form which should be completed in full and submitted with a letter of application outlining how you meet the requirements of the post. This should be no more than two sides of A4, point 10, and send by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 9:00am on Monday 24 January 2022. Interviews to be held on Tuesday 1st February 2022.
Sharples School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the disclosure and barring service. The school operates the local authority no smoking policy and is a no smoking site.
Hill Cot Road
Tel: 01204 333253
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sharples School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 1166 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Sharples School Multi-Academy Trust is a Group 6, 11-16 mixed comprehensive with 1,100 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2019, with areas of outstanding practice.