Inspire, transform, teach! We are currently looking to appoint a dedicated and inspiring Teacher of PE to cover maternity leave.
At Harris Academy Greenwich, you will join a dedicated team of teachers and staff supporting our excellent students. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow, inspire and develop, this may be the role for you.
The successful candidate will have:
- The potential and ambition to lead aspects of teaching and learning in the department and across the whole school
- Passion for education, courage, integrity
- A flair for working with young people
- A great team player who will fit well with our optimistic and positive culture
- The ability to teach great lessons at both GCSE and A-Level
In this corner of South East London we have a clear mission: to run a great school which offers every child, regardless of circumstance, the chance to thrive both personally and academically.
We make no apology for believing a key part to a happy and fulfilled life is a great set of exam results. They are the currency which students require to progress to next stage of their education. No amount of celebrity disapproval or stories of success against the odds will convince us otherwise. Results matter to our community.
We know that academic progress is critical to our students enjoying lives of choice and opportunity but that they also need to develop the content of their character and have a range of rich experiences which they will never forget. We want to help students have warm hearts and cool heads so that they are ready for the challenges of adolescence and ultimately adulthood. In short, we want our students to live well.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including lesson planning, developing resources and syllabuses, and contributing to the departmental plan)
- Curriculum planning
- Staff development (including continuing professional development and engaging fully in the Performance Management Review process)
- Quality assurance (including contributing to the process of monitoring and evaluating the subject area)
- Management of information (including maintaining appropriate records and tracking student progress)
- Communications with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, ensuring a high quality learning experience for students
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.