Teacher of PE/Dance
8 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £29,344 to £40,083
What skills and experience we're looking for
▪ Have a detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the students’ National Curriculum and other statutory requirements at a standard equivalent to degree level to enable you to teach confidently and accurately at KS3, KS4 and Post-16
▪ Have a secure knowledge and understanding of your specialist subject, including level descriptors and KS 4 and Post-16 examination specifications and courses
▪ Understand progression across Key Stages in your specialist subject
▪ Cope securely with subject-related questions which students raise and know about students’ common misconceptions and mistakes in their specialist subject
What the school offers its staff
At Hertswood we aim to provide students with the knowledge and skills to live a healthy and active life throughout their time with us and provide them with the tools and motivation to engage in sport and sustain it throughout their life.
We aim to ensure all students participate to learn the rules, regulations and systems in a wide variety of sports and physical activities. Those with the drive to excel further are encouraged and stretched to be the best they can be, through academic courses and school representative teams where we encourage them to strive for the top. Throughout this students will develop teamwork, communication, leadership and resilience.
We have a broad range of new facilities including a brand new sports hall, a MUGA, 2 squash courts, a large field, outdoor netball and tennis courts, a dance studio and a theatre which has retracting chairs for a large teaching space.
Why choose Hertswood Academy?
- CPD accredited, and an exceptional reputation for professional development
- IIP Status award since 2003
- A brand new, state of the art facility opened in September 2019
- A track record of students attaining high achievements and gaining places in university such as Yale and Cambridge
- A positive and thriving sixth form
- Great travel links. Situated within the M25, the A1 and M1 are easily accessible, and St Pancras Station London is only 20 minutes by train
You are a motivated, engaging, dedicated, and well-qualified teacher, with an unswerving devotion to continuously develop and inspire students.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hertswood Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1250 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hertswood Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 238 7200
Hertswood Academy is a coeducational secondary school in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire which gained academy status in January 2013. The headteacher is Peter Gillett, who joined Hertswood Academy in January 2013.
Similar jobs nearby
Shirley High School Performing Arts College
Shirley Church Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 5EF
Claremont High School
Claremont Avenue, Harrow, HA3 0UH
Harris Academy Merton
Wide Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 1BP
Nower Hill High School
George V Avenue, Pinner, HA5 5RP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hertfordshire