Teacher of PE
16 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an imaginative and skilled Teacher of PE who is committed to our vision and virtues and driven by the desire to improve the life chances of young people. We are passionate about delivering high quality education to every student through challenging and stimulating teaching and learning. We encourage the development of an enquiring mind and the ability to become an independent learner and are eager to promote awareness, knowledge and understanding of PE both in and beyond the classroom setting. An excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject is essential as is a passion for PE. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students with a relentless drive to ensure they gain the best possible outcomes.
Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
What the school offers its staff
- A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
- On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD.
- Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
- Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
- Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
- Free breakfast of bagel/cereal/porridge/tea/orange juice.
- Staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
- Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
- On-site parking.
- Free Breakfast Club/After School Club place for staff children at Ocklynge Junior School.
- Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ratton School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1187 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ratton School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Ratton School became a converter academy on 1st of August 2012 and joined with Ocklynge Junior School on the 1st of December 2017 to form the South Downs Learning Trust. The aim of our trust is to provide an outstanding educational experience for all students in our schools. We want both schools to retain their own identity whilst working together to support the learning of everyone in the Trust community. Our aim is to develop a sustainable and exciting educational experience that places our students at the centre of all that we do.
Similar jobs nearby
Ark Alexandra Academy
Park Avenue, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 2PG
Robertsbridge Community College
Knelle Road, Robertsbridge, East Sussex, TN32 5EA
North Beeches Road, Crowborough, East Sussex, TN6 2AS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Eastbourne and East Sussex, Brighton and Hove