Can you inspire young people with your passion for PE? If so, we would like to meet you!
We are looking for an excellent teacher, experienced or NQT, who has experience of successfully teaching PE to raise standards and achieve ‘outstanding’ outcomes.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be willing to teach both girls and boys in single and mixed sex groups.
· Have a track record of success in teaching PE.
· Have a flexible, aspirational and enthusiastic attitude.
· Have a passion for motivating students and improving outcomes.
· Be reflective and have a desire to work effectively in partnership with parents and students.
· Have a desire to set high expectations, embrace change and challenge and support each other as part of a highly committed team
Tile Cross Academy is a small and caring 11-16 mixed comprehensive school that was created on 1st May 2017 and is part of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust. We are proud winners of ‘School of the Year’ and have high expectations for our students in which they develop through the use of our Character Programme. We aim to provide a high quality education in an atmosphere of mutual respect where each individual is valued as an important member of our school community. With the wide range of backgrounds and cultures represented in our school population, we celebrate diversity and difference, whilst recognising that we are all equal in a Rights Respecting ethos.
We are part of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust, welcoming students from 11 years old to 16 years old, providing a standard of academic excellence for secondary and education. We are very proud of the positive learning experience offered to our students and the support available to ensure they achieve their full potential.
· offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
· offer a whole range of professional development opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills
and leadership potential, including a Supportive NQT Induction Process & Policy, Career Pledge for Teachers
to support at each stage of career, paid opportunities to upskill via apprenticeship levy (right up to masters
· are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
· have motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
· have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
· access to generous benefits, such a pension scheme and sickness allowance
· Free on-site parking
· are part of the WHA Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing Including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
We know you would love working at Tile Cross Academy. We have wonderful, enthusiastic students and amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes.
This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or an ECT.
N.B. CVs will not be accepted
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody
feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding
opportunity to work at Tile Cross Academy as a Teacher of P.E
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with
respect throughout the application, assessment, and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the
operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders
Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which
means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent
convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed
to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into
account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and
therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential
requirement for this role.
Tile Cross Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare
of children and young people and expects all staff to share this
commitment. An enhanced DBS check is
required for all successful applicants.
here to refer to our Privacy Notice for Candidate
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.