We would like to hear someone who:
- is committed to becoming a truly excellent teacher
- can teach a broad range of engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve student attainment
- can plan and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and students make superior progress
- has proven leadership skills
- is able to raise attainment and challenge students to achieve their best
- has a commitment to extra-curricular activities
- is aware of current initiatives in Maths
- is an effective team member who can contribute positively to the work in the Department
- has a positive, cheerful outlook with a good sense of humour
- is able to forge good relationships with students and staff
- is able to work hard and remain calm under pressure
As a forward-looking and innovative school we
are seeking to appoint a highly skilled Teacher of Science (with the ability to
teach Physics to KS4 and KS5 preferred) to join our large, friendly and
successful team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an ECT or experienced
teacher to join our highly successful Science Department. You must have QTS
status. An ability to teach across the full age and ability range up to A
Level is desirable.
Kingdown School is ranked in the top 10
secondary schools in Wiltshire situated in Warminster in the heart of beautiful
rural Wiltshire with excellent links to Salisbury, Bath, Bristol and the
South-West. Kingdown School is an academy under the Acorn Education Trust
providing exciting opportunities to improve local education and draw on the
collective experience of a Trust.
The Science Department is housed together in one block and
comprises 12 laboratories, a large main prep-room and 5 smaller rooms which
double as prep-rooms and office space.
All full time science teachers in the Department have their own room in
which they teach and we are on a rolling programme of laboratory refurbishment
for our oldest laboratories. We have
good facilities, including your own office space and computer; we provide a
wide variety of resources.
This job post has expired.