Teacher of Psychology
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly effective teacher of Psychology with fantastic opportunities to develop their teaching and learning. Like us, you will be dynamic, innovative and hardworking. You will also have exceptional subject knowledge, a desire to positively impact upon students’ learning and a firm commitment to high academic achievement. A willingness to teach Health & Social Care is also essential. Above all you will be dedicated to giving all our students an outstanding education.
Essential educational requirements
PGCE (or equivalent) & QTS status
Essential skills and experience
- Understanding of the requirements for high quality teaching.
- Ability to use ICT in all aspects of your work.
- Ability to fulfil the requirements of a form tutor.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of groups.
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
About Oaks Park High School
Oaks Park High School is a very popular and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive school which is expanding the number on roll to meet community demand. The school prides itself on being an ambitious and supportive multi-cultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do. Oaks Park is highly regarded for its exceptional pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment. The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, with very good transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station only a four minute walk away.
- 45-65 Oaks Lane, Ilford, Essex, IG2 7PQ
- LA Maintained School
- Oaks Park High School website (opens in a new window)