Teacher of R.E. & Philosophy
This job expired on 18 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
18 April 2023 at 5pm
23 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - With a two-week timetable pattern.
- Appropriate point of Main Professional or Upper Pay Scales.
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A degree in R.E. or Philosophy or closely related discipline
- Good academic qualifications
- A consistent record of strong teaching standards
What the school offers its staff
- Mentoring from an experienced teacher within the school.
- An active Staff Association which organises social events.
- Report Writing Day on a day when the school is closed to students.
- Each Department decides how and when pupils' work should be marked to ensure manageable workload for staff.
- The school calendar is planned over a year in advance and shared with staff for comment before it is finalised.
- All staff can raise questions, suggest innovations and acknowledge the contribution of colleagues each half term.
Further details about the role
Further details can be downloaded from our school website at: https://www.wilsons.school/careers/teaching/.
In order to apply for this role you should complete the application form and submit a covering letter, addressed to the Head, Mr N J Cole, which outlines how your experience and qualifications demonstrate your suitability for the post.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Wilson's School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1294 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wilson's School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8773 7680
Wilson's School is a state funded boys' selective school located in the London Borough of Sutton, England and was founded by Royal Charter in 1615. It was named The Sunday Times State Secondary School of the Year in 2019 and London State Secondary School of the Decade in 2020.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of the Deaf & Head of the Hearing Resource Base
The Langley Academy
Langley Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 7EF
Eden Girls' School, Waltham Forest
Blackhorse Lane, Walthamstow, E17 5SD
St Edward's Church of England Academy
London Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 9NX
Teacher of RE, Humanities and Citizenship
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey